Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time by changing them on the Site. Any use of the Site after the date of the change will be subject to the changed terms. These terms were last updated on August 19, 2013.
Information about us
The Site is operated by Alimera Sciences Limited (we, us and our). We are a limited company, registered in England. Our registered company number is 08018355, and our registered office is at Alimera Sciences Europe Limited, Block C, 77 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Access to the Site
The Site will have an initial landing page when you first access it. You will then be asked whether you are a healthcare professional or a patient / carer so that you can then be directed to the appropriate pages on the Site.
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and is compatible with the Site.
We cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operation of the Site. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, modify or suspend the service we provide on the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site at any time for any period.
We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the Site to healthcare professionals only.
What you are allowed to do
You may only use the Site in accordance with these terms. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to the next section, store such pages in electronic form. Links to the Site are permitted only to the home page. All such use of the Site and its content must be solely for non-commercial personal use only.
Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be displayed before you access the relevant features, parts or content.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to:
- store pages of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all or a substantial part of the pages of the Site;
- use the Site in any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation;
- use the Site in any way that is illegal or fraudulent, or has any illegal or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- remove or change any content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted;
- use the Site to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- use the Site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including any text, images, audio or video without our permission;
- create deep linking to the Site without our consent. Framing of the Site by sites or site elements not associated with us is also not permitted. In-line linking or any other manner of incorporating parts of the Site in sites or parties not associated with us is
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site; or
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of these terms.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these terms will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos).
We may change the format and content of the Site from time to time. You agree that your use of the Site is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis and at your sole risk.
Whilst we try to make sure that all information contained on the Site is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
We do not give or enter into any condition, warranty or other term, and neither do we make any representation, as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, integrity, quality, fitness for purpose or originality of any content of the Site and, to the
fullest extent permitted by law, all implied conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of you or anyone else using the Site or relying on any of its content.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the Site will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
The Site may, from time to time, include links to external sites. We have included links to these sites to provide you with access to information and services that you may find useful or interesting. We have no control over the content of these sites or for anything provided by them and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. We accept no responsibility for these sites or any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded. Subject to this in
no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses. Any liability we do have for losses you suffer is strictly limited to losses that were a direct and reasonably foreseeable result of our default.
These terms, and use of the Site, shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between us regarding them or the Site will only be dealt with by the English courts. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
Alimera Sciences Europe Limited
Block C, 77 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay
Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. Adverse events should also be reported to us via the telephone on 0800 148 8274.
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our Site our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will
last for longer.
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site; and
- collect statistical information about how you use the Site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts of the website are most popular to visitors.
Some of the cookies used by our website are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site if you do so.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve the Site in order to tailor it to our user’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from our system.
|Cookie Name||Purpose||Type and Duration [i.e. session only or persistent]|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Session cookies enable the website you are visiting to keep track of your movement from page to page so you don’t get asked for the same information you’ve already given to the site.||Session only|
Third party cookies
|Cookie Name||Purpose||Type and Duration [i.e. session only or persistent]||More Information|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||Persistent||Duration of 2 years|
In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of our Site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand what parts of the Site are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
Report an adverse event
If you believe you have experienced any medical side effects from an Alimera Sciences product, please consult your physician or healthcare professional immediately.
Adverse events should also be reported to Alimera Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org